May 23, 2019
College of the Ozarks hosts faculty and friends concert at Villa Vista
POINT LOOKOUT, MO. — College of the Ozarks showcased a variety of classical and musical theatre pieces for faculty and friends during a performance held at Villa Vista on Table Rock Lake on April 27. Students and faculty members performed compositions that included voice, piano, and other instruments.
The program featured a variety of well-known composers, including Mozart, Gershwin, and Duke Ellington. In addition, the College musicians and vocalists performed the works of one of the College’s own, Assistant Professor of Music Luke Carlson, and local musician and composer Stan Beard.
Rick and Dee Uebel began hosting the concert in 2012 as part of the 11th Neighbors and Friends Christmas Home Tour and the first performance sold out. Since then, it has been known for its commitment to quality music performance with the purpose of enriching the lives of those in the Table Rock Lakes area.
The concert featured the following performers from College of the Ozarks:
- Gregg Busch, assistant professor of music and theatre
- Clara Christian, assistant professor of music
- Rebecca Claborn, adjunct voice teacher
- Vicky Claborn, college accompanist
- Jay Parks, adjunct brass teacher
- Kevin Powers, assistant professor of music
- Annie Ashwell, senior music theatre major
- Jennifer Beal, senior vocal performance major
- Jordan Bryant, senior vocal performance major
- Zach Bryngelson, junior business management and piano double major
- Kaylen Draschil, senior piano major
- Dylan Coleman, senior business marketing major
- Spencer Fleury, sophomore vocal K-12 music education major
- Nathan Foley, freshmen music ministry major
- Abraham Martin, freshmen English major
- Erin Hall, junior elementary education major
- Alaina Headley, junior mathematics and music double major
- Anna-Sophia Henry, senior biology major
- Natalie Hensarling, senior music theatre business administration major
- Emily LaVelle, junior vocal performance major
- Min Hyeok Kang, junior mathematics and piano double major
- Lauren Sullivan, freshmen nursing major
- Stussy Stephenson, senior criminal justice major
- Riley Tullis, junior English major
About College of the Ozarks
College of the Ozarks is a private, Christian, liberal arts college, located in Point Lookout, Missouri, on a 1,000-acre campus. Christian values, hard work, and financial responsibility comprise the fundamental building blocks of the “Hard Work U.” experience. The College earns numerous accolades yearly, including No. 1 Most Innovative School in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report for 2019 and No. 1 Best Bang for the Buck by Washington Monthly. To achieve its vision, the College pursues academic, vocational, Christian, patriotic, and cultural goals. These goals are mirrored in School of the Ozarks, a laboratory school that completes the K-college model.
The Keeter Center — the College’s award-winning lodge, restaurant, and conference facility — was ranked a Top Small Hotel in the U.S. by TripAdvisor for 2019. It features historic lodging, fine dining, and meeting rooms. With more than 350 student workers, it is the largest workstation on campus. Follow College of the Ozarks at www.facebook.com/collegeoftheozarks or on Twitter @CofOHardWorkU.
05.23.19 – Andrew Ferkel