U.S. News and world report
Best Colleges 2022: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/college-ozarks-2500
- No. 1 Most Innovative School in the Midwest
- No. 1 Best Value Regional College in the Midwest
- No. 1 Best Regional College in the Midwest
- No. 2 Best Undergraduate Teaching in the Midwest
- No 1 Top Performer on Social Mobility in the Midwest
- Recognized as in A+ Schools for B Students in the Midwest
The Princeton review
The Best 387 Colleges, 2022 Edition: https://www.princetonreview.com/college/college-ozarks-1023957
- Best Midwestern
- Best Value Colleges
- Tuition-Free Schools Honor Roll
- Great Schools for Health Services Majors
- Great Schools for Ag Majors
- Great Town-Gown Relations
College consensus 2021
- No. 2 Best Colleges in Missouri
- No. 1 Best Christian Colleges and Universities
- No. 61 Best Value Colleges and Universities
- No. 18 Best Small Colleges
- No. 14 Top Tuition Free Colleges
- No. 5 Best Regional Colleges Midwest
- No. 12 Best River and Lake Colleges
- No. 52 Best Colleges and Universities
The chronicle of higher education
- One of the 2021 Great Colleges to Work For
- College of the Ozarks received recognition in the following categories—Professional/Career Development; Compensation and Benefits
- 2021 College of the Ozarks Travelers’ Choice Award for Attraction
WALL STREET JOURNAL 2021
- Ranked Among the 2021 Best Colleges in America
WASHINGTON MONTHLY, 2021
- No. 1 Best Bang for the Buck Midwest Colleges
- No. 2 Bachelor’s Colleges
College of the Ozarks is accredited by
Higher Learning Commission
30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60602-2504
College of the Ozarks is a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) [15935 Forest Road, Forest, VA 24551; Telephone: (434) 525-9539; e-mail: email@example.com], having been awarded Accredited status as a Category II institution by the TRACS Accreditation Commission on November 4, 2019. This status is effective for a period of five years. TRACS is recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDOE), the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).
The Nursing Program is approved/accredited by
Missouri State Board of Nursing
P. O. Box 656
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0656
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20036-1120
The Dietetics Program is accredited by
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60606-6995
800-877-1600 Ext. 5400
The Culinary Arts Program is accredited by
American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission
180 Center Place Way
Saint Augustine, Florida 32095
The Education Programs are accredited by
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
P.O. Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
The Engineering Program is accredited by
ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission
415 North Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
The College has long been committed to Christ-like goals and practices in its recruitment efforts: to operate with honesty,integrity, kindness, and respect. Additionally, the College belongs to the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) which is also committed to sustaining professional ethics and practice.
OTHER INTERESTING FACTS
- Founded as the School of the Ozarks in 1906. The Junior College started in 1956. Four-year program started in 1965. Renamed College of the Ozarks in 1990.
- Located on a 1,000 acre campus overlooking Lake Taneycomo at Point Lookout, Missouri, 40 miles south of Springfield, near Branson and Hollister, Missouri.
- Special Recognition:
- U.S. News & World Report, "Best College" yearly since 1989,
Forbes, "Top Colleges" and "Best Buy Colleges,"
Templeton Honor Roll, "Character Building College,"
Money Magazine's "Best Buy College Guide,"
Barron's "300 Best Buys in Higher Education,"
Princeton Review, "The Best 331 Colleges,"
and many more.
- Currently, the College has 91 full-time faculty members; the majority hold the doctoral degree. 190 staff members.
- The current student-faculty ratio is 15:1.
- Enrollment: 1,500
- Residential campus
- The College offers Bachelors of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Nursing degrees.