Oct 14, 2021
College of the Ozarks Homecoming planned for first weekend in November
POINT LOOKOUT, MO. — College of the Ozarks will kick off Homecoming 2021, themed “Together Again,” with its annual Miss Hard Work U. Coronation Ceremony on Thursday, Nov. 4, at 7 p.m., in Jones Auditorium.
Homecoming events run through Saturday, Nov. 6, and guests on campus are encouraged to join the students at chapel the following day, Sunday, Nov. 7, at 11 a.m.
Alumni and members of the community are invited to participate in many Homecoming activities, including the alumni golf game, Bobcat basketball, and the traditional C of O parade held on campus Saturday afternoon at 2:15 p.m.
“Homecoming is all about being together again,” said Alumni Director Angela Williamson. “Alumni reunite with former classmates, observe how the campus has improved, and reconnect with faculty members and mentors who impacted not only their college experience but their lives. It is also a great time to honor those graduates who are making an impact on their communities, businesses, and the world.”
To honor the accomplishments of several notable alumni, the 2021 Meritorious Awards will be presented during the festivities. Those being awarded include Linda (Patterson) Morgan (’91), Distinguished Achievement Award; David and Mary Kay Davidson (’68), Distinguished Community Service Award; Brent Turpin (‘11), Distinguished Young Alumnus Award; and Joe Bob Watkins (’70), Distinguished Service to College of the Ozarks Award.
Because of circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the presentation of the 2020 Meritorious Awards were postponed until fall 2021. Those being awarded include Christian Woelk Zaal (’03), Distinguished Achievement Award; Brandon Bliss (’96), Distinguished Community Service Award; Matt Farmer (’12), Distinguished Young Alumnus Award; and Laura Lane (’79), Distinguished Service to College of the Ozarks Award.
Schedule of events
Thursday, Nov. 4
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Alumni Registration, Alumni & Archives Center Lawn
- 7 p.m. Miss Hard Work U. Coronation, Jones Auditorium
Friday, Nov. 5
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Alumni Registration, Alumni & Archives Center Lawn
- 10 a.m. Alumni Golf Game, Pointe Royale
- 4 p.m. Alumni Council Meeting & Dinner, Henry R. Herold Room, The Keeter Center
- 5 p.m. 1940s Reunion, Alumni & Archives Center
- 6 p.m. Celebration Picnic (All Decades), The Track
- 8 p.m. 1980s Remix, Main Level, Plaster Business Building
Saturday, Nov. 6
- 8 a.m. Alumni Breakfast, Dobyn’s Dining Room, The Keeter Center
- 9 a.m. Alumni Registration, Alumni & Archives Center
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Student Activity Booths, Activity Field
- 10:30 a.m. Alumni Memorial Service, Williams Memorial Chapel
- 11:30 a.m. 1960s Reunion, Christian Ministries Lounge
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. Class Reunion Photos, Chapel Lawn
- 2:15 p.m. C of O Homecoming Parade
- 3:15 p.m. Bobcats vs. Hannibal Lagrange, Keeter Gymnasium
- 6 p.m. Alumni Homecoming Celebration, The Hook Center
Seated Program, Heavy hors d’oeuvres
Sunday, Nov. 7
- 11 a.m. Chapel Service, Williams Memorial Chapel
For more information regarding Homecoming 2021 events, please contact the College of the Ozarks Alumni Office at (417) 690-2208.
To see a complete list of events, visit www.cofo.edu/homecoming