What must be paid and when? 

For cost and schedule of payments, see the Tuition Assurance and Fees.

How can I pay? 

Payments by cash or check may be made at the Cashier’s Office on campus, or checks may be mailed to the Cashier’s Office, PO Box 17, Point Lookout, MO  65726.  Do not send cash in the mail.  You may also pay online via CASHNet by electronic check (at no charge) or with a credit card (with a 2.9% convenience fee added).  We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.  We do not accept credit card payments at the Cashier’s Office or over the phone.  Parents may pay online after the student assigns them a user ID and password in CASHNet.  Information about CASHNet and how to use it can be found at

What if we have a check returned?

The amount of the check plus a $10 returned check fee will be charged to the student’s account.

What if students need cash?

The Cash Accounts office will cash personal checks or checks from parents or grandparents up to a maximum of $50.  The student must present a valid C of O ID card.  There is no ATM on campus.  The College encourages students to open a local bank account. Cash back is also available when making debit card purchases at the United States Post Office located on campus.

How can I obtain information about my student’s account?

The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) restricts what student information may be released.  We do not provide information to anyone over the phone.  Students may come by the Cash Accounts Office to obtain information about their account.  They may also check online in CampusWeb under the student tab, then My Account Info / Balances.  Students are free to share any of this information with parents.  Students may also assign parents a user ID and password for CASHNet, which allows them to see amounts due. 

Can commuting students eat in the dining hall?

Yes, economical meal plans are available from Bobcat Food Services.  In some cases, commuters may use scholarship funds to purchase meal plans.  Commuters may also walk in and pay the per-meal price in cash. 

How can scholarship money be used? 

Some scholarships are restricted for books or room and board only. Scholarships restricted for books may also be used to pay for books/supplies purchased online or off campus (receipt required).  Other scholarships are flexible to include any educational expense. Flexible scholarships can be used for books, books purchased on-line or off-campus (receipt required), class supplies and fees, room and board, class add/drop fees, meal plans for commuters, and other educational items. Scholarships don’t expire; they remain on your student account until you are no longer a current student.  The balance will carry forward until all funds are spent. For more information see the Financial Aid section.

How do students use scholarships at the bookstore?

Students may utilize their scholarship credit at any time during the semester at the bookstore. Scholarship funds may only be used for books and supplies. Students must have their student ID to spend the scholarship. Students may only spend what scholarship they have available on their student account.

Can I charge my books at the bookstore?

Yes.  If a student is waiting on a scholarship, doesn’t have the correct form of payment or is unable to pay they may charge their books at the bookstore.  Students must have their student ID to charge to their student account.  Bookstore charges can only be for books and supplies.  The charges will show in the student’s loan section on their student account and will not be charged interest.  Book loans must be paid by final registration each semester.

What do work hours pay for? 

Students work 15 hours per week, and two 40-hour work-weeks during the academic year. These hours are applied to Tuition Assurance, which is $19,800 annually for the 2022-23 academic year. These work hours account for $6,720 of the Tuition Assurance, with state and federal grants (if students qualify), and a scholarship from the College covering the remainder. Students should owe absolutely no cash for Tuition Assurance. If students participate in the summer work program, these hours are applied toward room and board charges for the upcoming academic year. Students work one of two options: 12 weeks at 40-hours per week, or six weeks at 40 hours per week. Under the first option, room and board is covered for the entire upcoming academic year, and under the second option only one semester is covered. Information about the Summer Work Scholarship is available on the C of O scholarships page, and information about the work program in general and summer work is available on the work education page.

What are miscellaneous (MS) hours?  How can they be used?

Miscellaneous work hours (referred to as MS on the student account) are extra hours that are accumulated from previous semesters.  These hours are earned during the fall or spring semesters and can be used to pay for milk from the dairy, clinic charges, or laundry charges.  They may also be used to pay for part-time class charges if a student receives approval to change to part-time status.  With approval from the Dean of Work Education, miscellaneous hours may be used to cover a shortage of work hours during a current semester.  The miscellaneous account is also where hours are banked for student teaching and nursing students.

Can miscellaneous hours be used to cover a shortage in Room & Board from the Summer Work Program? 

No.  The summer work program is considered a room and board scholarship.  Miscellaneous hours cannot be applied toward room and board.