The purpose of the Meritorious Award Program is to recognize outstanding achievements of alumni, faculty, staff, and friends and to encourage interest in College of the Ozarks. The Alumni Association's Awards Program broadens the scope of the Alumni Association's program to include faculty, friends and students in addition to alumni. You may nominate on-line.
Categories and Eligibility:
- Distinguished Achievement -- School/College of the Ozarks alumni.
- Distinguished Community Service -- School/College of the Ozarks alumni.
- Distinguished Young Alumnus -- School/College of the Ozarks alumnus who graduated less than 20 years ago and is no older than 45.
- Distinguished Service to College of the Ozarks -- Faculty, staff and administration, friends or any other worthy individual.
- The nominee must be living at the time of notification of the award selection and be present, if possible, at Homecoming to accept the award.
- Nominees must show current and continued interest in College of the Ozarks.
- Nominees must complete an official nomination form provided by the Alumni Office.
The Honors and Awards Committee, appointed by the President of the Association every three years, determines selection of awardees. The Alumni Council approves the Honors and Awards Committee's selections before awards are published. Nominees' files are kept active for two years following nomination.
Nominations are open for the 2017 Meritorious Awards. The deadline to submit nominations is December 31, 2016.