Rules and Guidelines
Please review these details and share pertinent information with your child.
If an emergency medical situation with a camper arises, parents or guardians will be contacted immediately. If medical attention is needed between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., the camper will be taken to the campus clinic for treatment and then to Skaggs Hospital Emergency Room if needed. If an emergency medical situation with a camper arises after 4:30 p.m., campers will be taken to Skaggs Hospital Emergency Room.
All campers will be inspected for lice upon arrival at camp. If our trained personnel see any traces of lice, the child will not be admitted to camp. The child’s hair must also be free of dead or alive nits (lice eggs) and lice. If your child is not admitted for this reason, we can reconsider your child for another week of camp. They cannot return during the same week. Due to time consumption and expense, we cannot treat the child for lice at camp. If lice or nits are found once camp begins, you will be required to come and pick up your child.
General Camp Policies
- No personal electronic devices (Cell Phones, iPods, iPads Laptops, Tablets, MP3 Players, GameBoys, Video Games, etc.).
- No phone calls to or from parents as this encourages homesickness. Instead we encourage writing letters.
- Absolutely no jewelry (earrings, nose rings, belly rings, necklaces, etc.).
- Hats allowed at camp, but not on campus. No offensive logos are allowed on any articles of clothing including these hats.
- Camp Lookout is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Campers are discouraged from bringing tank tops as they cannot wear them in the cafeteria.
- Girls' bathing suits should not show bare midriff or a large amount of bare back, and the swimsuit should have straps. If swimsuits are deemed inappropriate, your child will be required to wear a dark t-shirt over the suit (you should probably send one if suit is questionable).
- Campers cannot leave prior to Friday and return to camp. For example: leaving for softball game and then returning to camp. Once a campers leaves, that week of camp is over for that particular camper.
- Campers are not permitted to use profane or foul language.
When camp is in session the camp director is actively involved in supervising activities and is not usually in the office. If you need to contact our staff for any reason; please leave a message at (417)-690-3446. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. The campus switchboard will have the director’s cell numbers in the event of an emergency.
If you would like to write your child while he/she is at camp, please address the envelope as follows:
Your Child’s Name
College of the Ozarks
PO Box 17
Point Lookout, MO 65726