Outside (non-CofO) Scholarships
Undergraduate Financial Aid Programs of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
This scholarship fund is intended to assist residents of the Appalachian mountain region pursuing full-time post-secondary education.
- Be members of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.),
- Be high school graduates or GED recipients,
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.,
- Be full-time residents of Appalachia,
- Demonstrate financial need.
Preference will be given to undergraduate students.
Nontraditional-age students with no previous college experience are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Range of Awards: $100 to $1500 per academic year. Renewal is possible.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 1
Contact: Kathy Smith, 888-728-7228 x5745 or Ksmith@ctr.pcusa.org
Horatio Alger Association Scholarship Programs
American Dietetics Association:
National Presbyterian College Scholarship
Deadline: Part One due March 1st, Part Two due March 31st
Applications and information available online.
American Chemical Society
Deadline: March 1
- African American, Hispanic/Latin, or American Indian,
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.,
- Full-time student at an accredited college, university, or community college,
- High academic achievers in chemistry or science (GPA 3.0 or better),
- Demonstrate financial need,
- Plan to major in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related science and planning a career in the chemical sciences or chemical technology.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Scholarships
American Royal Association
Deadline: May 31
- GPA 2.5 or greater,
- Sophomore or Junior,
- Pursue a degree in agriculture.
Culinary and Hospitality Scholarship from WebstauarantStore
Deadline: June 15, 2016
National Society - Daughters of the American Colonists
- Two recipients will be selected by College of the Ozarks each Fall semester
- one male recipient and one female recipient
- senior level history major
- minimum 3.0 GPA
- Each recipient will recieve a work scholarship
Although the scholarship recipients are selected by College of the Ozarks, those interested in more information about the National Society of the Daughters of the American Colonists, may visit the NSDAC website at http://nsdac.org/ .
Hartford Technology Scholarship
Criteria to be eligible to apply:
- U.S. Citizen
- Full-time Junior or Senior level students concentrating on Information Technology
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better at end of prior academic year
- Financial need
- Attending four-year college in the United States
- Two, $1,000 scholarships awarded two times annually (May 15th and December 15th)
Jack J. Isgur Foundation
Education majors; read more and complete application at www.isgur.org
James Madison Memorial Fellowship
Current and prospective secondary school teachers of American History, American Government, and Social Studies. Graduating Seniors wanting to apply for graduate studies for a master degree in the arts, teaching, or education. Call 1-800-525-6927 or visit www.jamesmadison.com
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation:
National Association of Junior Auxiliary Scholarship
The National Association of Junior Auxiliaries, Inc. was established in 1941 with the purpose of uniting members "to render charitable services which are beneficial to the general public, with particular emphasis on children, and to cooperate with other organizations performing similar services." Today the growing Association continues the focus of meeting the needs of children and youth in keeping with the NAJA slogan: "Care Today - Character Tomorrow".
- Working or planning to work DIRECTLY with children,
- Pursuing graduate level studies for one year in fields which address the special needs of children and youth. Graduate fields of study include, but are not limited to: Counseling, Psychology, Mental Health, Special Education, Speech Pathology, Exceptional Children, Remedial Skills Development, Hearing Impaired, Gifted and Talented, etc. Scholarships are NOT awarded for graduate work in administration or general education,
- A U.S. citizen and a permanent resident of a state with a Junior Auxiliary Chapter: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas,
- Planning to attend a U.S. college or university for full-time or part-time study.
Application forms are available online ONLY between September 1 through February 1 to residents of states in which NAJA has Chapters (Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas) from the NAJA web site: http://www.najanet.org/view/17
The National Physical Science Consortium Scholarship
3716 S. Hope St, Suite 348
Los Angeles, CA 9007
Deadline November 30
NPSC offers two programs:
- The Traditional NPSC Program provides a two-phase, six-year fellowship. Initial support is for two or three years, depending on the employer-sponsor. If the student makes satisfactory progress and continues to meet the conditions of the award, support may continue for a total of up to six years. Students typically apply during their senior year,
- The Dissertation Support Program provides support while the graduate student conducts dissertation research. Students should apply in the year prior to the beginning of their dissertation research program, but not until they can describe their research at least in general terms,
- NPSC welcomes applications from all qualified students, with continued emphasis on recruitment of a diverse pool of female and underrepresented minority applicants.
SEO Expert Scholarship
The Udall Foundation provides students with a maximum of $5,000 for tuition, room and board, or other educational expenses.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident,
- Be committed to a career related to the environment, OR a Native American or Alaskan Native committed to a career in tribal public policy or Native American health care,
- Be a sophomore or junior, pursuing a bachelor’s or associate’s degree,
- Have a college grade-point average of at least a 3.0,
- Be nominated by Dan Swearengen, the Udall Scholarship faculty representative.
Study Abroad Scholarship Information