Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Throughout the year, the ADA Foundation offers several awards to dietetics students and professionals in recognition of their professional accomplishments, to further research objectives and to enable dietitians to enhance their education and skills. All award applicants (excluding International Awards) must be current ADA members and U.S. Citizens. Deadline for applications is October 30.
The Skaggs Regional Medical Center Volunteers are offering five - $1,000 scholarships to persons who plan to enter or continue their education in a healthcare field.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 with more emphasis on the student’s ability to communicate their interest in the healthcare field,
- Dropped off or mailed to The Skaggs Regional Medical Center Volunteer Office at 251 Skaggs Road – PO Box 650, Branson, MO 65616,
- The deadline is April 1,
- The application is available via the Skaggs website: http://www.skaggsfoundation.org/scholarship-application
Heart of the Ozarks Oncology Nursing Scholarship
The Heart of the Ozarks chapter of the Oncology Nursing Society will award two scholarships annually, one for the spring semester and one for the fall semester. Each award will be for $500.00 and will be designated for educational expenses for the recipient. The purpose is to encourage education for students with an interest in oncology, palliative care, hospice.
Click here for information and application
Missouri League for Nursing Scholarships
The MLN offers over 150 continuing education workshops at 21 geographical locations across the State of Missouri for a variety of health care providers. The MLN was established in 1953 to promote the achievement of quality nursing and health care for the people of Missouri. We strive to MEET YOUR LEARNING NEEDS!
- Validation of enrollment as a full time student by the Dean/Director of a nursing education program located in Missouri, approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing or has current national accreditation, and attends a school that has MLN Agency Membership or NLN Membership,
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above based on 4=A; 3=B(please provide range),
- Recommendations from program Dean/Director of student need, interest, and academic standing. Justification from student of financial need,
- Submission of an original, fully completed Missouri League for Nursing Scholarship application including the typed statement,
- One year residency in the State of Missouri and U.S. citizenship,
- Provide names and addresses of three persons who will know student's address for the next five years,
- The application is available via the MLN website: http://www.mlnmonursing.org,
- More information may be obtained from online.
Senior Care Scholarship (Deadline: April 15, 2016)
Information and Materials available at Senior Care Scholarship webpage.
TEPCOR Clinical Scholarship
The Skaggs Foundation TEPCOR scholarship is offered to any resident of the Skaggs Community Health Center service area pursuing the clinical healthcare field.
- Based on students’ scholastic achievements, aptitude and financial need, and will be contingent of acceptance to an accredited program,
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater,
- Any student who receives financial assistance must commit to work for Skaggs Community Health Center which may range from one to five years,
- Deadlines: June 1 and November 1.
- The application is available via the Skaggs website: http://www.skaggs.net/main/news/53.aspx
The Tylenol Future Care Scholarship
Healthcare isn't just a career—it's a calling. Practitioners must dedicate their entire professional lives to helping others stay well. Tylenol believes this selflessness should be rewarded. That's why Tylenol is giving away $250,000 in scholarships to students pursuing careers in healthcare.
- $10,000 and $1,000 grants are available for undergraduate and post-graduate study,
- Applicants pursing a career in healthcare will be judged on leadership qualities and academic performance,
- Applications must be postmarked by April 30th,
- More information may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.